You've done your homework. You've read all the reviews, seen all the videos, talked to your guide and all of your friends. But we all know that when it comes to buying a fly rod, the only way to be sure it's the right one for you is to get out and cast it! At Trident Fly Fishing, we've always known that this was the case, and that's why we created the industry's first "Castability Guarantee" back in 2012, but now, we're making it even better by including EVERY rod we sell under the program (some rods are excluded, please see the limitations below).
Taking advantage of this program is easy. Simply buy any fly rod of your choice and if you don't like it, send it back within 7 days no questions asked. If you don't love it, simply send it back to us within 7 days (following our normal Return Guidelines), and we'll give you a full refund. It's that easy! So, how is this different from a normal return? Keep Reading...
Buying a high-end fly rod is a serious investment, and we want you to be 100% comfortable with your purchase. It's tough to do that on the internet! While you can definitely get the hang of a rod on your lawn, you need to get out on the water to really see how it performs - and that's exactly what we want you to do - tear off the plastic and Go Fishing! Want to try 2 rods side-by-side? No problem! Fish them both. Hard. Our normal return policy (and our old CG) states that items must be returned in sellable condition, so with the Castability Guarantee, you get 7 days to decide if you like it without being quite so careful.
- Limit 3 rods per household per calendar year
- The guarantee applies only to full-priced rods. Sale items are not eligible.
- Some rods are excluded from this program. In addition to sale items, rods that are excluded from the guarantee are: 1-piece, 2-piece, bamboo, and other special order rods. Basically, you are free to take advantage of this program with most 3-4 piece graphite or fiberglass rods.
- Your order will probably qualify for Free 2nd Day Air, if you want to take advantage of this program (or think you might), please select Economy Shipping, or we won't refund you for the expedited shipping (usually about $40), unless the items that you don't return also qualify.
- If you order a free fly line with your rod(s), that fly line must also be returned, unused, in its original packaging, or we will charge you the full retail price of the fly line.