How to Tie the Platte River Spider Streamer Fly
Learn how to tie the Platte River Spider Streamer fly pattern, including step-by-step instructions, a video tutorial, pictures, and much more. Improve your fly-tying skills here.
The Platte River Spider is a classic streamer and wet fly designed by Chris Schrantz that has been successful swinging on a trout spey fly rod as well as swung, stripped, or dead drifted on a single-handed rod.
- Hook: TMC 200R size 6
- Thread: UTC 70 Denier Black
- Under Wing: Hareline Red Pheasant Tail
- Body: Brown and Yellow Hareline Blood Quill Marabou
- Flash: Hareline Rootbeer Krystal Flash
- Collar: Hareline Mallard Flank Feather dyed Wood Duck Gold
- Wing: 2 Furnace Hackel Feathers