How to Tie the Front End Loader Caddis Pattern
Learn how to tie the Front End Loader Caddis pattern, including step-by-step instructions, a video tutorial, pictures, and much more. Improve your fly-tying skills here.
Trident Fly Fishing is a full-service fly shop. We spend a lot of time testing gear and writing reviews to give you all of the tools to make your next trip a success. We are not a blog or a review site. 100% of our funding comes from your gear purchases, so if this blog post helps you on your next fly fishing adventure, please support us by buying your gear from us
This fly was designed by Umpqua signature tyer Tyler Olsen. He was looking for a fly that floated low in the water but held up a nymph well. I'd say he got it right.
- Hook: Kona BC4 size 14
- Thread: Uni-Thread 8/0 in Camel
- Veevus: GSP 50 in Black
- Tag: McFlylon Polypro in Pink
- Rib: Flashabou Pearl
- Wing: Hareline Natural Deer Hair
- Sighter: McFlylon Polypro in Pink
- Post: Hareline Crazy Legs Golden Yellow
- Hackle: Whiting Grizzly Saddle Hackle