How to Tie the Cruncher Nymph Fly Pattern
Learn how to tie the Cruncher Nymph fly pattern, including step-by-step instructions, a video tutorial, pictures, and much more. Improve your fly-tying skills here.
The Cruncher is a nymph pattern that has many variations. This is one of the most popular. I do not know the history of this fly but I suspect it has been around for a long time.
- Hook: TMC 5262 Size 12
- Thread: Danville's 6/0 in Black
- Tail: Whiting Dry Fly Cape in Ginger
- Body: Hareline Pheasant Tail Fibers
- Rib: UTC Utra Wire Copper Small
- Thorax: Hareline Peacock Herl
- Hackle: Whiting Hen Cape in Furnace