How to Tie the Adams Irresistible Fly Pattern
Learn how to tie the Adams Irresistible fly pattern, including step-by-step instructions, a video tutorial, pictures, and much more. Improve your fly-tying skills here.
The Adams Dry fly needs no introduction. It is arguably one of the most popular and bestselling patterns out there. It was created in 1922 by a man named Leonard Halladay. The Irresistible Fly with its fat deer hair body was created by Joe Messinger of Morgantown, West Virginia in the 1930's. The Adams Irresistible is just one of his many variations of his Irresistible Fly. It floats high and it's great in fast water.
- Hook: TMC 100 in size 10
- Thread: Veevus GSP 100 in Black and Danville's 6/0 in Black
- Tail: Hareline Moose Body Hair
- Body: Hareline Natural Deer Hair
- Wings: Whiting Hen Cape in Grizzly
- Hackle: Whiting Dry Fly Cape in Grizzly
- Whiting Dry Cape in Brown