The Trident Trade-in Program
Want to buy that new rod but not sure what to do with your old one? Got an old Bogdan reel that's just sitting on your shelf? Trade it in!
What kind of gear are we interested in?
- Name-brand modern fly rods with an original MSRP over $200
- Modern reels with an original MSRP above $150.
- Historic name-brand fly rods and reels in good, working condition.
- Any other gear that is good condition. We've taken trades for everything from skis to collectible knives to plugs, but these items aren't eligible for our fixed price.
How it works:
Option 1: Fixed Price
1. Simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the make, model, condition, and any other relevant info - year, color, special features, photos, etc.
2. We'll e-mail you an estimate, but we won't be able to determine the final value until we actually see the product.
3. If the price is acceptable, ship the product to us. Once we receive it, we'll give you our final valuation. If it is below our original estimate, and too low for you too accept, we'll ship it back to you.
4. We'll give you a gift card for the quoted amount.
Option 2: Auction
1. Send us your gear and we'll sell it for you on eBay, then...
2. We'll give you a gift card for the sale price, less eBay fees (10%) and outbound shipping costs (a flat $15 for reels, 4-piece rods, and other small items, $30 for two piece rods and larger items).
So, if your item sells for $300 and it's a reel, you'll receive $265 in store credit.
Important Packaging Inforamation:
1. PLEASE, please, don't use styrofoam peanuts as a packing material. It's bad for the environment and creates a huge mess for us.
2. Please be sure to include all relevant contact information (name, e-mail address, phone number) when you send in your gear.
3. Remember to insure your package. We aren't responsible if it gets lost in the mail.
Please send all tackle to:
Trident Fly Fishing
765 Roosevelt Trail
Windham, ME 04062