New 2014 Simms G4 BOA Boot Reviews
Best Boot...so far Review by Joe
I purchased these boots last year and have given them a solid year of fishing...at least 200 days; in both warm and cold climates.
I was a bit apprehensive at first, for I have always had traditional lace-up boots and did not know what to expect from the Boa system...also, not that looks matter, but these boots reminded me of Napoleon Dynamite and his "moon boots."
I digress...here are some pros and cons.
- very easy to get in and out of. After a long day of fishing, it sounds lazy, but it is nice to slip off the boots with little to no effort...same with putting them on
- vibram sole is very comfortable and grips well, with or without cleats
- keep you warm in cold water and are not too overwhelming in warm weather
- the front rubber started pulling from the toe of the boot
- they have not yet (knock on wood), but if the Boa system breaks while you're in the river, you're screwed. unlike shoe laces, where you can fix a snapped lace, if the wire or knob break, you're S.O.L.
- snug fit...since the boa system does not secure your foot like a normal/standard lace-up shoe and closes on the side of your foot, you need to walk around a bit and flex your foot up and down before going in to the water. the top section of the boot will secure first and after you move around a bit, the wire will eventually tighten the bottom of the boot. I usually tighten everything up at the car, walk to my spot, flex/roll my foot a bit and tighten again.
- Size. Companies are now making sleeker/lighter boots, so i cannot compare, but these boots are definitely more "chunky." They are not too heavy though...you can walk a good distance with wet or dry boots and they do not weigh you down.
I realize there are more cons, than pros, but still love the boot and do not regret the purchase.
Great Buy Review by Ken
Before purchasing these boots I was a little weary of the boa system and how it would hold up. After testing these boots in all sorts of elements I will never worry again. The boa system has worked great in freezing temperatures, in the mud and sand with no problem. The bottom of these boots have a great gripping ability before the cleats are even inserted. I only had one slip in that was on a creek with a slate bottom. After inserting the cleats I never had a problem again. I test gear for Gore-Tex and highly recommend purchasing these boots.
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register