- Now shipping with new wooden reel seat
- Winner of the 2011 Yellowstone Angler 5-weight Shootout and the 2012 4-weight Shootout!
- The personal choice of many members of the Trident staff.
- Made with SINTRIX - which provides up to a 60% increase in compressive strength.
- Incredible strength to weight ratio.
- High performance, fast action design, while remaining friendly
- Top of the line Titanium guides from REC and Fuji.
Final Sale. No Returns
Ben's go to trout rod! The Hardy Zenith stands out across the lineup winning awards in many different line weights. After spending years developing their new Sintrix resin, Hardy has made one of the finest and most accurate trout rods ever created. Choose the 10' 3-weight for European style nymphing, the 9' 5-weight for an all-around trout rod, and the 8'6" 4-weight for more technical presentations.
Sintrix 440 - Designed in conjuction with 3M, the Hardy Zenith is built with Hardy's proprietary Sintrix 440 Resin. Hardy spent two years working with specialist composite engineers and rod designers to acheive the perfect blend of 3M nano-silica resins to develop a new way to build graphite rods. The result: a fly rod that is much stronger and lighter than previously thought possible.
Fuji SiC Stripping Guides w/Titanium Frame - Titanium guides are not only 45-65% lighter than stainless, they're also over 3 times stronger and totally corrosion resistant. These guides are fitted with Silicon Carbide inserts for reduced drag and improved casting performance.
Titanium REC Recoil Guides - RECOIL guides are made from an extremely hard but flexible "Shape Memory" nickel titanium alloy, which is not only extremely corrosion resistant, but returns to its original shape after repeated deformations.
Dual Uplocking - Nothing is more important than keeping your reel attached to the rod. Hardy knows this and has built all Zenith models with a dual uplocking reel seat which keeps your reel secure.
Maple burlwood and Carbon Fiber spacers - The Zenith received a big cosmetic upgrade in 2014 in the form of a new reel seat and updated finishing touches. Zenith models now come standard with a Maple burlwood spacer on Reversed Half-Wells models and a carbon spacer on Full Wells models. We no longer have any Zeniths with the old style skeletal reel seat.
Black Aluminum Rod Tube w/cloth cover - Hardy didn't cut any corners here. The Zenith comes with a top of the line rod tube AND a cloth cover so it doesn't get banged up by the baggage handlers.
Worldwide Extended Warranty - The Zenith is covered by Hardy's Worldwide Extended Warranty, which covers the rod for the life of the original owner. Please contact Hardy directly for updated costs and turnaround times.
Rod Action: Fast
Best for: All water, Nymphing
Grip: Reversed Half-Wells - 3-weight to 9' 6-weight
Full-Wells w/ Fighting Butt - 9'6" 6-weight to 8-weight
Ability Level: Intermediate - Expert (learn more)
Recommended LinesWe highly recommend using a half-size higher line such as:
- Gold Medal, 2014 Trident Fly Fishing 5-weight Shootout
- Winner, 2011 Yellowstone Angler 5-weight Shootout
- Winner, 2012 Yellowstone Angler 4-weight Shootout
Shootouts and Comparison tests
Still can't decide? We've got a staff of fly fisherman to help.
Call Us at 1-888-413-5211
Drop Ship Yes Ship Days in 1-2 days Backorderable Backorderable Grip Type Single Handed Base Image /i/m/img_0228.jpg
- Simply the best rod in the rod! Review by Salem
- The Zenith 590-4 Rod is right there with My Sage One. Review by Richard
- Awesome rod Review by patrick
- 9ft 4wt my new favorite rod Review by james
- Zenith 9' 4wt Review by Duncan
- Excellent fly rod Review by Griff
- Incredibly Versatile 5 wt. Rod Review by Richard
- Great rod from a great shop Review by Adam
- Believe the hype! Review by Jared
- Excellent Review by John