Winston Nexus Fly Rod
- New innovative rod action.
- Combines legendary "Winston Action" with faster tapers through lower half of the rod.
- "All-Around" rods able to generate line speeds to handle a range of wind conditions and fly sizes.
- New 100% high modulus faster taper graphite fly rods providing significant material savings from our top-of-the-line high performance Boron III rods.
- Lightweight, smooth-casting and powerful. Feels light in the hand.
- Made in Twin Bridges using the finest parts from the U.S. and around the world. Beautiful deep-black finish, hand inscribed.
- Comes in embroidered lightweight rod bag
- Matching deep-black finish on lightweight aluminum tube with embossed Winston logo and brilliant gold cap and collar.
- Action: Fast
- Grip: Cigar on 3wt.-6wt., Full Wells with fighting butt on 8wt.
- Color: Deep black
- Guides: Chrome nanolite stripper guide and chrome plated snake guides
- Reel Seat(s): Anodized silver aluminum with light amber wood insert on 3wt.-6wt., anodized aluminum with fighting butt on 7wt-12wt.
- Storage: Deep-black powder coated aluminum rod tube with logo tech rod sock
- Rod Weights: 3wt.-12wt.
The new Winston Nexus is a full series (3-weight through 12-weight) of exceptionally beautiful, smooth-casting "all-around" fly rods utilizing a new design to handle a range of conditions with faster tapers, especially through the lower half of the rod. They are a joy to cast, can generate added power when needed, and are made to Winston's extremely high standards of beauty and craftsmanship in Twin Bridges, Montana.
Because they are made with 100% graphite, without the significant added expense of Boron III, we can offer anglers the opportunity to own these incredible, smooth-casting fast-action premium Winston fly rods at an attractive savings from our top-of-the-line high performance Boron III rods.
Winston Nexus Fly Rod Reviews
- Fast and Accurate Review by Paul
- A great rod at a good price point Review by StripStrike
Here's the skinny on the Nexus 9' 4-weight.
This is not the the GVX reformulated (a great rod in its own right). This rod feels much lighter and faster. I've fished it twice since my purchase and I am impressed with its performance. The rods is capable of launching small buggers and double nymph rigs with ease. At times I pushed it, half expecting the loop to collapse but it didn't let me down. I landed several browns and brook trout ranging from 12" to 18" and the rod handled them well. As far as the build goes what can I say? It's a Winston, top notch with the exception of the cork. I would say the cork is better than some of the other premium rods but not quite as good as the more expensive Winston models. I will purchase the five weight in the future.