- The finest green stick to date!
- Built with third generation Boron/Graphite composite, these fast action rods combine legendary Winston craftsmanship with maximum performance
- Wide casting range for both long casting and up close presentation
- Lightweight yet still powerful enough to cope with casting into the wind
- Designed and manufactured in the United States
All Winston rods are covered by an Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee for defects and breakage.
For the 9' 4-weight and higher, we recommend pairing this rod with a half-size higher line such as Rio's Grand or Scientific Angler's GPX.
One of the best features of the Winston Boron IIIX fly rod is the highly responsive tip, allowing for precise presentation. Whether you need up close accuracy or a long, smooth cast, this rod can do it all. The Winston Boron 3x fly rod has a fast action, and also comes with an extra strong butt section for lifting more line.
Winston Boron 3x fly rods are available in line weights ranging from three to ten. The three-weight is perfect for small creeks, but is still capable of casting in light winds. The 10-weight is highly powerful, but still light and perfect for smaller tarpon and saltwater species.
The Winston Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee covers you, the original owner, against manufacturer's defects and breakage. You can either choose the saltwater-safe reel seat, made from feather light anodized aluminum, or the nickel silver with wood insert. The rod also comes with a graphite tube.
|Ship Days||in 3-5 days|
|Grip Type||Single Handed|
- Great Dry Fly Rod- 81/2 ft 4 wt (Elder) Review by John E.