Scott G2 Fly Rod
G2 rods inspire confidence and fierce loyalty. It comes from knowing exactly where your fly is going to land and from knowing that when you hook that big selective fish on fine tippet, your rod is going to perform to land it.
The G2 combines compound progressive taper designs, multi-modulus lay ups, and thin-walled, natural finish blanks, fit with the finest componentry and craftsmanship.
What does that mean? It means that the last few minutes spent on your hands and knees crawling into position below a big riser won't leave you wondering if 7X tippet is a cruel joke.
The G2, Scott's ultimate presentation tool.
- X-Core Technology - Enhanced feel, with unequalled stability. X-Core combines the industry's most advanced composite technologies with cutting-edge design.
- Multi-Modulus Design - Fine tuned flex and recovery.
- Natural Finish - Naturally stronger, naturally lighter.
- Scott Hollow Internal Ferrule - A continuous taper and smooth progressive action.
- ARC - Advanced Reinforced Carbon reduces torque and increases strength.
- Handcrafted in the USA - Built from beginning to end in Montrose, Colorado.
|Ship Days||in 3-5 days|
Scott G2 Fly Rod Reviews
- Best presentation rods on the market for the past decade. Review by Colt
- Great Medium Action Dry Fly Rod Review by John E.
The G2 is no competition distance casting rod, but has a smooth progressive medium action with a strong butt section and very delicate flexible tip. It has a beautiful retro look and feel and it restores some of the relaxed feeling that originally attracted me to fly fishing. Rio Gold or Rio Trout LT double taper work well. Ben’s blog on fly lines also gives other good options, that I intend to pursue them as well.
On my first outing at a small local lake the bluegill were biting, and I saw the awesome tippet protection and feel this sweet rod provides. I still love my 8-6 4 wt Radian, which is an entirely different animal, but the G2 is worthy of consideration.
- Great Rod Review by Frank