Hardy Jet Fly Rod
- Built on SINTRIX blanks
- Refined middle-to-tip action
- Fuji butt guides with hard chrome snake intermediates
- Clear 'Pearl Grey' blank finish with silver highlights
- Section line up marks
- Full 'AAAA' grade cork handle
- Supplied with cloth rod bag, and a hard cloth-covered Hardy rod tube
RHW rods have a reel seat with a burl wood spacer, anodised aluminium thread and twin up lock function.
FW+EH rods have a reel seat with full anodised aluminium fitting with twin lock up function
|Ship Days||within 24 Hours|
Hardy Jet Fly Rod Reviews
- Perfect Dry Fly and Small Nymphs Review by Joe
I primarily fish smaller/medium sized streams, often with heavy brush and trees outlining the stream.
I know Hardy classifies it as a "Fast" rod, but I would disagree. I do not have a very powerful cast and the rods bends quite a bit...I think the rod is perfect for an angler with a slower cast
- it is extremely light in hand and casts effortlessly. It throws all dries and lighter nymphs with grace
- pinpoint accuracy from 5-50 feet
- "softer" rod so it also roll casts with relative ease
- since rod bends a bit, it is a bit sloppy casting heavy streamers and weighted nymphs
- you have to work to throw long (55+)...i realize that most fish are caught within 30 ft., but in this day of "driving for show" and 100 ft casts, this is not that rod
All in all, I love the rod...it is a great fit for me. I don't throw big/heavy flies often and typically only cast to fish 10-30 ft away.
I am not sure this rod (5 wt) would be a great fit for a very fast/powerful caster or someone who often throws heavy/large flies.
- Excellent casting rod for small to mid-sized streams Review by Bill