Winston Boron III-SX Fly Rod
- Unparalleled fast action and lightweight rods ideal for both freshwater and saltwater fishing.
- Throw heavy flies and cast into the wind while others are packing up their gear for the day.
- Winston Boron III-SX fly rods are up to 25 percent stronger than comparable graphite rods, five times as strong as steel, twice as stiff as steel and still lighter than aluminum.
- Powerful without sacrificing feel and tippet protection.
- Matte black reel seat engraved with " R.L Winston Rod Co." on the barrel.
Comparing Winston BIIIsx fly rods to regular graphite fly rods is like comparing a Maserati to a Miata. And, with the Winston BIIIsx fly rods you're getting the third generation of Winston's boron/graphite composite materials, plus the designers have given these rods new and highly refined power-transfer tapers. Compared to the Boron II rods, the Winston Boron III-SX fly rods boast a higher flexural modulus and compressive strength. For the angler, this results in a rod with a powerful butt section that can efficiently transfer energy up through the rod and into the line, delivering greater range, accuracy and control, along with the ability to pick up more line off the water.
A cigar grip is standard with 9' 4, 5 and 6-weight BIII-SX fly rods. The 9'6" B3SX rods are equipped with a full Wells trip. A cork fighting butt is included with the 5 and 6-weight 9'6" rods to give anglers an edge with bigger fish. Thanks Winston. We can use that, hopefully.
|Ship Days||in 3-5 days|
Winston Boron III-SX Fly Rod Reviews
- My new go-to for the salt Review by porterHause
First rod had damaged cork, but Ben fixed me up right away. Overall very satisfied customer.