Sage Circa Fly Rod
Final Sale. No Returns
- Modern slow action is amazingly accuracy, yet retains the feel of historic fiberglass rods
- Built with the same ultralight Konnetic technology used in the Sage ONE
- Perfect for small streams and dry flies
- Green Tea shaft color
- Olive primary thread wraps with Slate trim wraps
- Black aluminum winding check
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- A great snub-nose, Half-Wells high-grade cork grip
- Vera wood insert and black aluminum reel seat
- Black rod bag with iridescent Black Hills Gold silkscreen
- 1 5/8" Desert Gold-colored tube with black end cap and screw cap
The new Sage Circa Fly Rod is the perfect rod for anyone looking to reproduce a fiberglass feel with the accuracy of modern graphite. The Circa sets a new standard for dry fly and small stream enthusiasts.
Custom Cork Handle. Snub-nose, half-Wells grip. The cork is custom formed to match the exact taper of the CIRCA rod, providing a snug fit that helps communicate casting feedback for utmost accuracy.
Low-Profile Ferrules. The inherent strength of Konnetic technology allows us to reduce the weight of our all-graphite ferrule connections by nearly 70%. Improved aerodynamics plus lighter weight contribute to lighter blanks.
Reel Seat. The exotic, tightly grained Vera wood insert is perfectly accented by the black aluminum reel seat.
Round Tip Eye. This Sage-designed tip-top never pinches or binds the line, allowing the caster to make mends and cast in any direction with full control.
Green Tea Color. The CIRCA's elegant and inviting green finish is accented by Olive primary thread wraps with with Slate colored trim wraps. Slim Profile Rod Tube. Only 1 5/8" in Desert Gold color, plus a unique rod bag: like a chameleon, its gold silk-screened colors flash between gold and green in the light.
|Ship Days||within 24 Hours|
|Grip Type||Single Handed|
Sage Circa Fly Rod Reviews
- Much more versatile than I thought Review by TenaciousP
Its not the rod for your only stick, but it is a great light weight add.
- Love This Rod for Small Creeks Review by A-ROB
- First class operation. Sage Circa Review by Earl
- The Best 3 Weight Around Review by David
Sage certainly is correct that the Circa is primarily for dry flies and light nymphing. And, after casting a some dry flies and watching how delicate they land on the water, you’re not going to watch to chuck some streamers with it. In terms of dry fly presentation, this rod is in a class of it’s own and will really make a difference on those days where trout refuse everything but the most delicate presentation. But make no mistake, this rod can handle nymphs either on an indicator or dropper. But why would you even want to do that?
If you’re looking for the ultimate 3 weight rod for your quiver, look no further. The Circa can everything you would want from a 3 weight. Distance shouldn’t be an issue either, I found 40-50 feet very doable with this rod. On the stream with this rod in your hand, the Circa is going to bring a whole new level of enjoyment you’ve never experienced to fly fishing. You won’t regret buying this rod.
- Slow is awesome Review by Jeffrey
As Troy mentioned its not as much of a one-trick pony as one would think. It can do the longer casts pretty decently, as well as handle some smaller streamers and light nymphing as well(although not as well as dries, come on).
- Sage Circa 279-4 Review by Troy