A quality cane rod, handmade in Alnwick by Tom Moran from hand split Tonkin Bamboo.
Purchase a Bamboo Fly Rod and get up to $250 off on the purchase of a fly reel. Simply add the reel to your cart.
Hardy have been hand crafting bamboo fly rods in Alnwick, England, since 1872 - that's almost 140 years of experience, and the introduction of its best ever range of bamboo rods only re-affirms its commitment to the bamboo from which its winning history was born.
To say that the Hardy Bros Master Bamboo Rod Builders are passionate about their work is an understatement - to them it is without a doubt a passion, not just a profession. Even without meeting Tom Moran or Calum Gladstone in the flesh, this becomes clearly obvious when you first cast your eyes over one of their stunning, hand crafted, Hardy Bros bamboo fly rods.
The first thing you notice might be the Hardy Bros crystal clear finish on the pure silk wraps with their single tippings, or it might be the hand filed, heat pressed nodes, or the beautifully hand scripted artwork. Look a little further and you'll notice the Super Z rod joints, the Moran style hook keeper and the flor grade cork handle.
Even when you are slipping the rod sections back into their canvas rod sleeve, which incidentally is also 'Made in England' or as you're turning the solid brass end cap of the rod tube, you'll appreciate the craftsmanship and passion that has gone into building this individual rod just for you.
Even in the already ultra high quality world of handmade bamboo fly rods, everyone here at Hardy's in Alnwick, along with Bamboo rod experts and aficionados from around the world, believe these Hardy Bros Bamboo rods have set a new standard for build quality and attention to detail that others will strive to follow.
Hand crafted in Alnwick, England by Tom Moran, Master rod builder
- Hand split Tonkin bamboo with hand filed, heat pressed nodes
- Medium progressive action
- Pure silk wraps with single tipping
- Finished with Hardy Bros crystal clear finish
- Comes with 2x 'Mirrored' tips as standard
- Available in both 2 and 3 piece design
- Moran style swelled butt
- Blonde finish is standard, Flamed finish to order
- 'Permali' wooden joint protectors
- Blued and lacquered nickel silver fittings
- Highly polished, figured hardwood spacer, handpicked to match the finish of each rod.
- Titanium Carbide butt guides with black nickel intermediates and tip top.
- Classic Hardy Bros style best quality Flor grade cork handle
- Cloth rod bag, Alloy tube with solid brass end cap and stop
The first comprehensive and scientific fly reel test ever performed. Throughout the years a lot has been written about fly fishing equipment. Blogs, forums, magazines,manufacturers are full of information ...
One of the most interesting parts of our 8-Weight Challenge was the great data we got from Admet - which we translated into easily readable graphs. Here's a quick guide to help interpret the graphs....