Lamson Speedster Fly Reel
- Lamson calls its new Speedster “A Hotrod of a reel” and without question this reel has overdrive.
- The crazy-smart Lamson product development engineers have outdone themselves on this “super arbor” reel with off-the-chart retrieve rates. They moved the handle closer to the center on an extra-large diameter reel, which acts like adding an extra gear to your reel.
- The Speedster's narrow spool reduces “line barreling”, a condition on wider spools where more line piles up in the center than the sides of the spool.
- And of course, you get everything else you expect from Lamson large-arbor reels: unparalleled maintenance-free drag systems and unmatched finish in an incredibly light package.
- 5 models handle line weights 4 to 10.
Please note: backing can add 3-5 days to the shipping estimate
Click Here For More Spare Spools
Back in 1995, Lamson started “a total re-think of the fly reel”, and judging by the Speedster, they haven't stopped yet. Building on the benefits of the large-arbor platform (faster retrieve, constant drag tension, and reduced line coil memory), Lamson went over the top with this super arbor reel that achieves outrageously fast retrieves by moving the handle towards the center of an especially large diameter reel.
Saltwater anglers know that a fast retrieve is critical if you expect to land a fish after a long run. They also know saltwater kills gear. Lamson completely redesigned the drag system to fit inside a sealed housing, safe from the salt. And the Lamson Speedster fly reel sports the company's best-in-class, proprietary Hard Alox aluminum finish, offering enhanced abrasion, impact, and corrosion resistance. Between the ultra-fast retrieve, incredibly smooth braking power of the drag system, and amazing light weight, the Speedster is a reel for all-day fun with tarpon, bonefish, or any freshwater fighter that takes your fly.
|Ship Days||in 3-5 days|
Lamson Speedster Fly Reel Reviews
- Stillwater magic Review by Jim
- Fast retrieval Review by Colt
- solid drag, beautiful design Review by Jonathan
This super lightweight reel picks up line easily and quickly, and the drag is bomb proof. Plus, they are made here in the U.S.! Another thing I like about Lamson reels in general is that they are made with the highest attention to detail. The finish and overall look of them are gorgeous!
If your looking for something that is going to last a long time, has a lifetime warranty, and just looks great on a fly rod, make it a Lamson reel.
|Model||Diameter||Weight||Arbor Size||Drag Type||Capacity||Line Weight||Color||Price|
|Speedster 2||3.75"||4.1||Extra Large||Conical||WF6 + 100 yd 20#||4, 5, 6||Grey||$289.00|
|Speedster 4||4.8"||8||Extra Large||Conical||WF10 + 250 yd 30#||10, 11||Grey||$399.00|